Now here’s something rather exciting… United Games Entertainment, the German company behind retro revivalists ININ Games and Strictly Limited Games, has secured the exclusive rights for the distribution of TAITO’s EGRET II mini in North America and Europe! The home version of the famous arcade cabinet will be available in different exclusive editions for the Western territories starting in 2022.
The EGRET II mini is a faithful miniaturized version of the original TAITO EGRET II arcade cabinet, featuring:
- A total of 40 pre-installed games, including classics such as Space Invaders, Lunar Rescue, Bubble Bobble, Darius Gaiden and many more
- 5-inch 4:3 rotating screen (1024×768 resolution) for horizontal and vertical alignment and an optimal adaptation to the selected game
- Joystick individually adjustable for each game – easily switch from 8 directions to 4 directions
- HDMI output to play the games also on TV
- Two USB Type-A controller ports for the different EGRET II mini controllers (that are sold separately)
- Power inlet via USB Type-C port
- SD card slot to add even more games
- Own integrated sound through stereo speakers
- Instruction panel for exchangeable instruction cards
- Save states, adjustable lives and rapid fire
In addition to the 40 pre-installed games on the console, 10 additional games can be added through an SD card that’s included in the EGRET II mini Paddle and Trackball Game Expansion Set, coming with Strike Bowling, Arkanoid, Plump Pop and seven other TAITO classics. This adds up to an incredible total of 50 games of various genres, from 1978 to 1997 that will be available with the launch of the EGRET II mini!
More details about the different editions, what they will contain and where to get the EGRET II mini will follow soon. Which buys me some time to come up with a reason why this is a must-have for when my wife eventually notices it sitting there!